Do you want to export Zimbra contacts to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, etc. editions? Then don’t worry because I am just describing the steps to export Zimbra contacts to Outlook with complete items. Here I will also explain the technique to import Zimbra calendar to Outlook.
Calendars and contacts are critical components of email migration when a user switches from one email client to another. In this blog, we addressed a similar query: "How to export Zimbra contacts and calendars to Outlook?" Let us begin the article immediately.
Reasons for migrating Zimbra contacts and calendars to Outlook
Zimbra supports the Zimbra desktop. It includes all necessary features such as emailing, messaging, tasks, attachments, and calendaring. However, it has a slow connection to the server. On the other hand, Outlook is a widely used email client. It is more advanced than Zimbra. Additionally, Outlook enables users to work both online and offline.
How to export Zimbra calendar to Outlook?
Users can export Zimbra calendars to MS Outlook manually or via a third-party tool. While manually exporting Zimbra contacts to Outlook is challenging, users can easily transfer contacts and calendars from Zimbra to Outlook using a third-party tool. Let us examine both processes one by one.
Method for manually importing Zimbra calendars to Outlook
- Navigate to the Calendar tab in the Zimbra application.
- Select the option to display properties.
- Allow everyone to use the calendar by changing the settings. To do so, select the public tab.
- A new window appears displaying the calendar's URL.
- Now, navigate to Outlook and select the File option.
- Configure the account's settings
- Select Internet Calendars from the drop-down menu.
- Paste the URL into the new option by clicking on it. Click the "Add" button.
- Change the names of the Zimbra calendars and click OK.
- Now, disable the calendar's check boxes.
- Select OK.
Manual method to export Zimbra contacts to Outlook
- Navigate to the Preferences tab in Zimbra.
- Select contacts from the Import/Export menu.
- Select Contacts from the Account drop-down menu.
- Select the Export button.
- Contacts should be saved as a CSV file.
- Now, open MS Outlook and select File from the menu bar.
- Select Import/Export from the Import/Export menu.
- Choose Import the file and then click Next.
- Press Next after selecting Comma Separated Values.
- Browse for and select the Zimbra contacts file.
- Finally, once the file has been imported, click Finish.
4n6 Zimbra to PST Converter for this task
Manually import Zimbra calendar to Outlook can be risky and time-consuming. As a result, we recommend using a reputable tool to complete the task. It is recommended to use 4n6 Zimbra to Outlook Converter because it ensures the safe conversion of Zimbra contacts and calendars. Users can complete the process in a short period of time without experiencing any data loss.
The software enables you to export calendar items from Zimbra to the iCal format. Without modifying the files, the software exports the entire calendar details. Additionally, contacts are safely migrated with all associated information.
Export Zimbra to Outlook (emails, contacts, calendars) – Step-by-step
- Launch the mentioned software on your pc.
- Upload Zimbra data in the software interface.
- Preview complete Zimbra data in software window.
- Press Export button and select PST as saving format.
- Browse destination path and hit on the Save button.
- Zimbra to PST migration process is running.
- Run Microsoft Outlook and import PST file.
After completion of the task you will see all Zimbra contacts and calendars in Outlook including complete information.
We've covered two methods for exporting Zimbra contacts and calendars to Outlook in this post. It is strongly recommended to use a reputable solution, as performing the conversion manually takes far too long. Additionally, the software exports Zimbra data items to *.pst, *.eml, *.mbox, *.txt, *.html, *.csv, *.vcf, *.ics, etc.